Concurrent Sessions Round Five
8:15 – 9:15
062. The Power of All of Us, All in One Place
Speaker: John Jacobs, James O’Hagen and Jill Gurtner
063. Ready to Blend
Speaker: Sami Forster, Kelly Pochop and Beth Clarke
064. Implementing Technology Centered Personalized Learning Plans for Every Student in Math Using Google
Speaker: Jennifer Fabrycki, Jill Frydach and Heidi Rodich
065. Using Data Dashboards Designed for Schools, by Schools
The need for easy and affordable access to data motivated five Wisconsin School Districts to form the WISEdash Local Consortium in 2015. Now, with 17 member districts, the project has grown from concept to reality. Learn about the WISEdash Local Consortium, what it is, how it can help your district, and how it differs from WISEdash secure and public.
Speaker: Michael Mades, Heather List, Maggie Gugel and Matt Richard
066. Using Technology to Increase Student Choice
We will look at various programs students and teachers can use to motivate students to create projects, which show their mastery content. We will look at Google Docs, Slides, Forms… as well as Piktochart and many other tools accessible to both teachers and students.
Speaker: Sarah Arnold
067. Student-Centered Coaching in a Digital World: Redefine Learning
Student centered coaching is how our district is putting student achievement and instructional practices at the center of our digital learning program. We will share how digital learning coaches are moving school cultures beyond “the tools” and the logistics our systems uses to support high impact professional growth.
Speaker: Caroline Haebig and Jennifer Schlie- Reed
068. Student Cohort Investigations in WISEdash for Districts
In this session, participants will learn how to use the WISEdash Cohort tool to investigate data for identified groups of students. Learn about several scenarios when cohorting can be a useful tool for teacher teams and leadership teams. This cohorting tool provides avenues for targeted inquiry allowing users to study the data for a group of students found in various dashboards within WISEdash. Bring your laptop and access passcodes to WISEdash for Districts to learn how to conduct student cohort investigations.
Speaker: Judy Sargent and Mary Ann Hudziak
069. Rethinking Coaching: The Marriage of Technology Integrators and Instructional Coaching
Speaker: Mark Grunske, Deb Erdmann and David Hall
070. Helping Students SOAR: A Personalized Approach to RTI
Speaker: Rachel Crockford, Kyle Moore, Brian Dall and Holly Heard
071. Wrestling Two Bears at Once – Overseeing Instructional and Information Technology for a District
This session has been cancelled!
Speaker: Nathan Mielke, Tim Harder, Phillip Bickelhaupt and Eric Benedict
072. Google Classroom: A Principal Tool for Professional Learning
Speaker: Tanya Kotlowski
073. Using Standards Based Grading, Let Students Take Ownership in Their Learning
Utilizing standards based grading has allowed students to take more ownership in their learning and reduces the disconnect between what is being done in class and its purpose. A description of the highs and lows of my journey will be presented and how I use Google’s Doctopus to monitor student work and provide feedback.
Speaker: Christopher Demos
074. Enhancing the 4C’s with 21st Century Skills
Speaker: Renee Nolan
075.My Smashing Selfie: Using the Art of App Smashing to Showcase Student Learning
Speaker: Nicole Lutzke
076. Teach Tools for Our BYOD Science Classroom
Speaker: David Taebel
077. Increasing Engagement and Motivation in Your Classroom Through Technology
Join us to explore how to increase engagement and motivation in your learning environment by using your classroom devices as a tool for learning! Whether you have iPads or Chromebooks, we will share some of our favorite resources, including back channeling tools like Padlet, Today’s Meet, & Chatzy; interactive websites like Kahoot, Blendspace, Flippity.net, Schoolology & QR Codes; research and discovery sites like Wonderopolis, Pebble Go, Kiddle, YouTubeKids, & Nat Geo Jr; and iPad apps like Choice Works, Popplet, Book Creator, iMovie, and MORE!! (We are discovering NEW tools every day!) We will also dive into how we use Google Suite Apps for goal setting, reading logs and to house our learner profiles.
Please bring your own device…and ideas to share! We will be sharing, but also giving time to “discover” and “play!”
Speaker: Katie Hillig and Jackie Topp
078. Building an Intra-District Conference: Celebrate Teachers & Share Best Practice in Instruction and Technology
Speaker: Brian Yearling
079. Giving Them What They Need
Speaker: Jody Peterson and Julie Rohrer
080. Google Tips and Tricks to Know Before Your Students Do
Speaker: Rita Mortenson